Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting there...


Well, that's a working title... But in our discussion about what to title our little homage to our two-week-road-trip-exploration of the Greater Western U.S. Scott and I decided that it most closely resembled one of THE GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME, National Lampoon's Vacation. Granted Scott's not as goofy as Clark, and I'm certainly not as hot as Ellen... and instead of Rusty and Audrey we had Milo and Brea... but still.

And there wasn't a single stinking Wally World!


This has to be one of my favorite movies that carried on from my childhood. I loved it then, and even now it's a guilty pleasure I could watch over and over. And it somehow just seems fitting...

Our trip took us from our home in dusty Tucson, Arizona, north to Goshen, Indiana to visit Scott's family and to meet his new niece, Regan. From there we headed West through the Heartland to Oregon to see my family, and then south to San Diego for the Fourth of July. And we decided to drive the some 5,000 miles total because, well... getting there is half the fun!

Well, here we go- On to the Trip Tic!

No comments:

Post a Comment