Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Taking some time out…

Well, this will be short because I have a ton of stuff to do today… We’re leaving for San Diego tomorrow (sigh!) We have our friend Rudy watching the house, dogs and cat. I hope it goes well- I’m such a worrier when it comes to those fur balls. I hope they don’t miss us too much, and I hope that they are good to Rudy (and that Milo doesn’t wake him up to go outside at 5:41 am on the dot like he does me! :) Rudy is a good kid, and works for the Union Pacific Railroad, but is unfortunately laid off at the moment…

The last five or so days have be so weird. Scott and I both wondered if there was a full moon that we didn’t know about because everything in our house kept breaking… Ahhh! Scott’s AC in his van finally gave up (probably in protest of the 5000 miles we drove this summer!) Because of that, we decided to rent a little car to drive to San Diego with. We won’t have the dogs, so the van isn’t needed, and the gas mileage will be way better (and cheaper!)

Then on Friday we realized that our cable was out. Which totally sucked because… well… let’s just say that Scott paid the bill for the cable… it was $50 bucks… 10 years ago. That’s all I’ll say about that. But it being off meant that we finally had to sign up for Direct TV. It’s a considerably larger expense then what we had (ha ha) but oh well. I told Scott he had a good run… :) Unfortunately they are not able to hook it up until we get back from San Diego- which sucks for Rudy. I hooked up the rabbit ears, though… Hopefully he can survive on six channels of PBS and Telemundo. :)

Then we decided to buy a new faucet for the kitchen sink because the old one was leaking down behind the fittings and ruining the floor. This turned into a 2 day test of stress management (the first one we bought was missing an O ring so it leaked almost as bad as the old one.) But Scott finally got a really nice faucet installed… with a side sprayer- which I have to admit is one of those luxuries that I never really thought I wanted- but it’s nice!

Well… I will definitely update on how our trip goes… if we can ever bring ourselves to leave the beach!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. HaHaHaHa....sorry, I'm not really laughing at you, but with you...I've been there MANY times!!!! Hope the trip to San Diego melts away all the stress.

    ReplyDelete